Certified/Union Payroll Specialist (Commercial Construction)
Permanent, full-time job offering a great salary and benefits package as well as career growth opportunities.
- Assist payroll department with weekly payroll
- Collect, review, and submit certified payroll reports
- Maintain updated backup files, and perform compliance audits.
- Troubleshooting payroll issues
- Balance and reconcile payroll accounts
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Respond to employee questions regarding all types of payroll questions
- Keep current with union Master Labor Agreements, rates, and California and Federal labor laws.
- Submit labor compliance documents to owners/agencies as required by project specifications.
- 3+ years working in payroll within the construction industry
- Familiar with Federal and State labor laws, unions, and certified payroll reporting.
- Advanced MS office experience working with Excel, Word, Outlook, and Ten Key. Prior experience with construction accounting software such as Viewpoint, Timberline, or similar is a plus.
- Local and stable work-history