Division Executive/Operations reporting to CEO & President
The Division Executive is a self-starter, results-oriented, operational leader who will take our well-established business to the next level using your entrepreneurial spirit. Your technical expertise in construction, specifically in mechanical and plumbing, will guide our team through approximately 50-60 projects a year. Working directly with the executive team, the Division Executive will be responsible for leading one of our central location divisions, ensuring the effective operations of our projects, and driving continuous process improvement, innovation, construction efficiencies, and client satisfaction. As the Division Executive, you will have accountability for ongoing safety, work quality, on-time delivery, and project profitability- while maintaining and embracing our core values of Family, Loyalty, and Respect.
- Work with the Executive team to establish goals, and manage the team’s ability to meet expectations, hit project schedules and profitability goals.
- Provide oversite to the division’s management team and be a resource for them to help problem-solve and provide direction.
- Run weekly operation meetings and provide project oversite by monitoring projects’ budgets, change order reviews, schedule monitoring, reviewing project man-hours, contract reviews, and project closeouts.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and contribute to the company’s strategic planning of project pursuits in all locations.
- Develop and maintain client, industry, and community relationships that are mutually beneficial and will directly translate to client retention and new business acquisition in project pursuits.
- Grow the business organically through exceeding existing client expectations and support Business Development activities through relationships and seeking out new industry business opportunities, markets and development.
- Review and edit project proposals and attend project pursuit interviews as needed.
- Coach and develop the management team and provide inspirational and visionary leadership and drive our company culture.
- Oversee and manage training and development to grow employee satisfaction and retention.
- Maintain a culture of safety and quality.
- 12+ years experience in the construction industry, preferably within mechanical subcontracting operations.
- Experience overseeing operations, estimating, construction, and overall business units.
- Proven success managing organizations, teams, and leading by example.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to assess and engage team members, develop other leaders, and proven record of meeting performance and financial objectives.
- Strong project management and estimating skills.
- BS/MS in Construction Management or similar experience preferred