HVAC Foreman (Commercial Construction)
This permanent, full-time job offers a great salary and benefits package.
- • Review specs. Submittals, prints, schedules, estimates, etc.
- • Coordinate a project with other trades and sub-contractors
- • Identify any prefab. / seismic requirements/coring/firestop, etc.
- • Identify areas to be detailed. (As per your specific trade)
- • Review and approve detailed prefab drawings/spool sheets and submit to trade superintendent for final sign off, then submit to prefab shop for prefabrication
- • Build a project task manpower loading graph based on the project schedule
- • Draw any isometric drawings required, then submit to detailing to spool for prefab.
- • Take off all other systems not being prefab or covered on an isometric drawing, such as hangers, inserts & shields, consumable items, etc.
- Able to run a crew of 20 men or less
- Conduct daily huddles with the crew, and discuss with the crew tasks, responsibilities, and goals
- Work well with other people
- Work well under pressure
- Understand how to deal with different personalities
- Understand how to calmly and diplomatically deal with confrontation
- Present yourself with a high level of professional appearance
- Know all trade equipment and systems
- Know how to read prints.
- Assure quality craftsmanship
- Understand the importance of maintaining an appropriate/efficient crew rate
- Do 2 & 5 week look ahead
- Do weekly & monthly labor tracking
- Do daily log
- Update as-built drawing as necessary
- Update progress drawings daily or weekly
- Do weekly safety meetings
- Do foreman rough-in checklist per area
- Do foreman final checklist per area
- Submit RFI when necessary
- Identify tools needed for projects
- Know your labor and material budgets
- Know where your job cost is always with labor $ and material cost
- Lead by example
- 8+ years of hands-on commercial HVAC installation experience
- 4+ years of Foreman experience managing crews of 10 or more
- Local and stable work history
- Piping, HVAC, and Safety Certifications and Licenses
- Associates in Construction or Mechanical Engineering