Job Title: Commercial Plumbing and HVAC Preconstruction Manager
Location: Orange County, CA
We seek an experienced and dedicated Commercial Plumbing and HVAC Preconstruction Manager to join our dynamic team. This position requires an individual with a mechanical engineering background adept at providing technical expertise and leadership for our preconstruction and project estimation team. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of commercial plumbing and HVAC systems and a proven record in commercial Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) estimating, sales, and engineering.
- Lead preconstruction efforts, including planning, coordinating, and supervising all aspects of preconstruction for commercial HVAC and plumbing projects.
- Provide detailed and accurate MEP estimates and proposals for large-scale commercial projects, specifically in sectors such as hospitals, schools, and pharmaceutical facilities.
- Review and evaluate project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant project documents to identify what is needed for a project and to create competitive bids.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to develop strategic plans and initiatives that meet client goals and objectives.
- Leverage extensive industry knowledge to provide value engineering options and anticipate potential challenges.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that estimates are accurate, competitive, and achievable.
- Maintain relationships with clients, subcontractors, and vendors to facilitate project activities.
- Implement and enforce company policies and safety standards in line with regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in commercial MEP estimating, sales, and engineering.
- Proven track record in handling large-scale commercial projects such as hospitals, schools, and pharmaceutical facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Proficiency in estimation software and other construction management technology.
- Strong understanding of local codes, construction methods, and the latest equipment technology.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and customer service skills.
- Must have a stable work history and be based in or willing to relocate to Orange County, CA.