Job Title: Building Automation Controls Design Engineer / Programmer
We are seeking a highly skilled and innovative Building Automation Controls Design Engineer/Programmer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, programming, and implementing building automation control systems for commercial and industrial facilities. This role requires a deep understanding of HVAC systems, control strategies, and programming languages, as well as excellent problem-solving and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple projects and priorities effectively.
- Design and develop building automation control systems for commercial and industrial facilities, ensuring optimal performance and energy efficiency.
- Create control strategies, sequences of operations, and programming logic for HVAC systems, lighting controls, and other building systems.
- Program and configure building automation controllers, user interfaces, and other system components using industry-standard programming languages and software tools.
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and other team members to define project requirements, timelines, and deliverables.
- Develop system documentation, including control schematics, flow diagrams, and user manuals, to ensure proper system operation and maintenance.
- Conduct site inspections and commissioning activities to verify system installation, performance, and compliance with design specifications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with building automation control systems, including software, hardware, and network-related problems.
- Provide technical support and training to end-users, system operators, and maintenance personnel.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in building automation and control systems.
- Participate in project meetings and presentations, communicating technical concepts and solutions effectively to clients and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field; relevant industry certifications are a plus.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in building automation controls design, programming, and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, control strategies, and building automation protocols, such as BACnet, LonWorks, or Modbus.
- Proficient in programming languages and software tools used in building automation control systems, such as Tridium Niagara, Distech Controls, or Honeywell.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and committed to quality, safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Willingness to travel as needed for project assignments and training opportunities.