Job Description: Building Automation Controls Technician
Location: Seattle, WA
Position Type: Full-time
Situated in the heart of Seattle, WA, our organization leads the way in advanced building automation solutions. We are known for our dedication to efficiency, sustainability, and the intelligent control of buildings. As we continue to set industry standards, we seek an experienced Building Automation Controls Technician to join our dedicated team.
- Install, service, troubleshoot, and repair commercial building automation systems, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- Interact with clients to understand their automation needs, providing solutions that enhance building efficiency and comfort.
- Program, commission, and integrate automation systems, including but not limited to Distech Niagara, ALC Alerton, Johnson Controls, and Metasys.
- Review and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine the configuration and purpose of system components.
- Conduct regular system inspections and maintenance tasks, identifying areas of improvement or repair.
- Stay updated with the latest technologies and trends in building automation systems to recommend the best solutions to clients.
- Provide training and guidance to building personnel on the optimal use and operation of automation systems.
- Respond to emergency calls and issues, ensuring minimal downtime and disruptions.
- Maintain documentation of all installations, modifications, and repairs, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes and standards.
- Must be based in or near Seattle, WA.
- A stable work history showcasing dedication and expertise in previous roles.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in commercial building automation systems service and installation.
- Proficiency in Distech Niagara, ALC Alerton, Johnson Controls, and Metasys preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude, with an ability to quickly understand and work with new systems and software.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of explaining complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.