Chief HVAC Engineer, PE - Orange County, CA
We are a premier engineering firm headquartered in Orange County, CA. Focusing on innovative and sustainable solutions, we specialize in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) services for large-scale commercial, educational, and healthcare facilities. We seek an experienced and highly skilled Chief HVAC Engineer, PE, to lead our HVAC division.
As the Chief HVAC Engineer, PE, you will oversee the design, engineering, and execution of complex HVAC systems, focusing on sustainability and energy efficiency. You will lead a team of engineers and drafters, drive innovation, and maintain the highest quality standards in line with local, state, and federal regulations, including OSHPD/HCAI requirements.
This role is strictly local and based in our Orange County, CA office. Remote work is not available for this position.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of HVAC design, engineering, and project delivery
- Manage a team of engineers and drafters, providing mentorship, training, and career development
- Utilize Revit, HAP, and TRACE software for advanced design and analysis
- Ensure compliance with healthcare guidelines, including OSHPD and HCAI requirements
- Spearhead energy modeling initiatives for large commercial projects
- Collaborate with clients, architects, and contractors to deliver seamless project execution
- Maintain and update departmental standards, procedures, and best practices
- Develop proposals and bids, overseeing project budgets and schedules
- Represent the company in industry events, forums, and technical presentations
- A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or higher.
- A California PE (Professional Engineer) license is required
- 12+ years of HVAC design and engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role overseeing engineering teams
- Proficiency in Revit, HAP, and TRACE is essential
- Thorough understanding of OSHPD and HCAI requirements
- Extensive experience with large commercial and healthcare projects
- Must be a local candidate with a stable work history
- Exceptional communication and team leadership skills