Titles: HVAC/Plumbing Buyer, HVAC/Plumbing Purchaser, HVAC Purchasing Agent, HVAC/Plumbing Purchasing Specialist, Plumbing Purchasing Manager
Salary: Permanent, full-time jobs offering competitive salaries, insurance, 401k w/ Match, and career growth opportunities.
As an HVAC/Plumbing Purchasing Agent, your role is to work closely with distributors to purchase various HVAC and plumbing parts, materials, and equipment necessary to complete projects. You will be responsible for ordering materials based on the Purchase Order and following the company guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and placing orders for various HVAC/Plumbing parts and equipment as specified in Purchase Orders in a timely and efficient manner
- We are maintaining good and positive working relationships with distributors, suppliers, and internal departments.
- Researching and evaluating products and distributors according to crucial business criteria (quality, specifications, price, availability, etc.) and reviewing each Purchase Order for accuracy of technical specifications
- We are assisting in project estimates, cost analysis, purchases, and job cost completion.
- Negotiating pricing with all vendors and ensuring product pricing/invoicing consistency
- Inventory monitoring/Forecasting and maintaining the accuracy of materials ordered and received
- Reviewing monthly vendor statements for accuracy before processing
- Communicating with vendors and industry business partners
- Developing standard operating procedures for the purchasing department
- Other duties as assigned
- Three or more years of purchasing experience for an HVAC or plumbing company
- Inventory monitoring/Forecasting experience
- Wholesale and Distribution Channel experience
- Local and stable work history