Job Title: Preconstruction Engineer
We are currently seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Preconstruction Engineer to join our dynamic team in Hawaii. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for handling the commercial plumbing and HVAC estimating, sales, design, and engineering aspects of our medium to large commercial construction projects.
This position is an ideal opportunity for an individual with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering who is keen on applying their skills and experiences in a challenging, but rewarding environment. Our ideal candidate must be local and exhibit a stable work history.
- Developing accurate, competitive, and detailed technical scope of work proposals for projects.
- Performing HVAC and plumbing system evaluations and detailed energy usage assessments.
- Working closely with the team to implement cost-effective and efficient HVAC and plumbing designs.
- Providing technical assistance to the sales team, project managers, and clients.
- Coordinating closely with architects, builders, and other construction professionals.
- Ensuring all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives.
- Tracking and controlling construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and budget.
- Participating in project meetings and conference calls as required.
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients, contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in commercial plumbing and HVAC estimating, sales, design, and engineering, preferably with medium to large commercial construction projects.
- Engineering in Training (EIT) and/or Professional Engineer (PE) license is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of successful project management.
- Proficient in reading, interpreting, and analyzing complex construction documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Must be a local resident with a stable work history.