Job Title: Commercial Plumbing/HVAC Preconstruction Engineer
Location: Orange County, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Overview: We are looking for a motivated and skilled Commercial Plumbing/HVAC Preconstruction Engineer to join our team in Orange County. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, with EIT or PE licensure preferred. They will bring at least 5 years of experience in commercial plumbing/HVAC design and engineering, estimating, and sales. This role requires the ability to value engineer and develop innovative solutions for large-scale mechanical projects, particularly in the pharma, medical, and commercial building sectors.
- Participate in the early stages of projects to ensure cost-effectiveness and develop engineering designs and plans.
- Review design documents, project plans, and specifications to provide accurate HVAC/plumbing estimates.
- Contribute to the sales process by providing technical details and cost estimates to clients and stakeholders.
- Use your knowledge and expertise to create value-engineered solutions that meet project requirements while reducing costs.
- Communicate effectively with clients, architects, contractors, and team members throughout the preconstruction phase.
- Develop and present project proposals, budgets, and schedules to clients and stakeholders.
- Coordinate with project managers and site teams to ensure smooth transition from preconstruction to construction phase.
- Continuously improve processes and strategies by analyzing project outcomes and feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. EIT or PE licensure preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in commercial plumbing/HVAC design and engineering, estimating, and sales.
- Demonstrated experience in value engineering and developing solutions for large mechanical projects, especially in the pharma, medical, and commercial building sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information clearly.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in relevant engineering software and tools.
- Must be based in Orange County, CA.
- Stable work history demonstrating reliability and dedication.