Commercial Plumbing and HVAC Assistant Project Manager
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
We are a leading Mechanical Contractor in the San Francisco Bay Area, known for our commitment to excellence in the commercial HVAC and plumbing sectors. We pride ourselves on implementing innovative solutions for medium to large-scale projects in diverse industries, from schools and labs to data centers and hospitals. As we continue to grow and take on more complex projects, we seek a dedicated individual to join our team as an Assistant Project Manager.
Position Overview: The Commercial Plumbing and HVAC Assistant Project Manager will play a pivotal role in assisting the Project Manager in overseeing medium and large commercial mechanical projects, ensuring that they are completed timely, within scope, and on budget.
- Assist in managing all aspects of medium to large HVAC and plumbing projects, from initial estimation to completion.
- Utilize estimating and scheduling software to ensure accurate project forecasting and timely delivery.
- Review project plans and specifications using tools like Bluebeam to ascertain requirements and ensure project accuracy and quality.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with internal teams, subcontractors, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in project meetings, providing updates and ensuring all parties are aligned with project goals.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory standards on HVAC and plumbing.
- Act as a point of contact for on-site issues and concerns, ensuring timely resolution and minimal disruption.
- Assist in maintaining project documentation, ensuring all relevant details, changes, and updates are accurately recorded.
- Monitor project budgets, ensuring effective cost management and profitability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) is required.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in commercial plumbing and HVAC project management.
- Proven experience overseeing medium and large commercial mechanical projects, especially in schools, labs, data centers, and hospitals.
- Proficiency with estimating and scheduling software.
- Familiarity with Bluebeam and other industry-specific software and tools.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.