Job Title: Building Automation Controls Programmer
Location: Denver, CO
We are a leading provider of building automation and energy management solutions in Denver, Colorado. Our mission is to create smart, energy-efficient buildings that deliver comfort, safety, and cost savings to our clients. We are seeking an experienced Building Automation Controls Programmer to join our dynamic team.
The Building Automation Controls Programmer is responsible for designing, programming, and implementing control systems for various types of building automation systems. This includes HVAC, lighting, and security systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of industry standards, codes, and best practices, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Design, program, and implement building automation systems based on project specifications and client requirements.
- Develop and maintain graphical user interfaces for system monitoring, control, and troubleshooting.
- Perform system commissioning and start-up, ensuring proper functionality and efficiency of building automation systems.
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and field technicians to ensure project success and customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot and resolve control system issues, providing technical support to clients as needed.
- Perform regular system maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
- Provide training to clients and colleagues on control system functionality and best practices.
- Stay current with industry trends, advancements, and emerging technologies.
- Maintain proper documentation of control system designs, programming, and configurations.
- Comply with all safety regulations and company policies.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in building automation system design and programming, preferably with a focus on HVAC, lighting, and security systems.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and codes, such as ASHRAE, BACnet, and LonWorks.
- Proficiency in programming languages and software tools relevant to building automation systems, such as Java, C++, Python, and Niagara AX or N4.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with team members and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while meeting deadlines and maintaining high-quality work.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with strong documentation skills.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel to client sites as needed.
- Willingness to undergo background check and drug screening.