Commercial Assistant Plumbing/HVAC Project Manager
Location: Norfolk, VA
We are a leading mechanical contractor specializing in commercial HVAC and plumbing projects. We are dedicated to providing top-notch services to our clients, including constructing, renovating, and maintaining large commercial buildings.
We seek a qualified Commercial Assistant Plumbing/HVAC Project Manager to join our team in Norfolk, VA. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in construction management, specifically within the commercial HVAC and plumbing sectors. This position requires a hands-on approach to project management, from initial planning and estimation through completion and handover.
- Assist in overseeing HVAC and plumbing projects from inception to completion.
- Coordinate with contractors, architects, and engineers to ensure timely and cost-effective project execution.
- Utilize estimating and scheduling software to develop project timelines and budgets.
- Maintain thorough and organized project documentation, including plans, specifications, schedules, and budgets.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal building codes and regulations.
- Regularly communicate with clients, providing updates and responding to queries.
- Conduct site visits to monitor progress and quality of work
- Assist in procurement processes, including the solicitation of bids and negotiation of contracts
- Mentor and guide junior staff, promoting a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or BSME (Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial HVAC and plumbing project management
- Proven track record of managing large-scale projects successfully
- Familiarity with estimating and scheduling software commonly used in the construction industry
- Strong understanding of HVAC and plumbing systems and technologies
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines