Job Title: Commercial HVAC Service Technician
Location: San Diego, California
Job Type: Full-Time
We are a well-established commercial HVAC company dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible service, maintenance, and installation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in the San Diego area.
We are currently seeking a seasoned Commercial HVAC Service Technician to join our team. This individual will be responsible for maintaining, diagnosing, and repairing various types of commercial HVAC equipment including large RTUs, split systems, chillers, boilers, VRFS, and other mechanical equipment. This position requires a high level of expertise, professionalism, and commitment to quality.
- Diagnosing and repairing commercial HVAC systems, ensuring they operate at optimal levels.
- Providing preventative maintenance on heating and cooling systems.
- Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems as needed.
- Inspecting HVAC systems and their components (e.g. air conditioning units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend preventive maintenance.
- Understanding and implementing EPA guidelines for refrigerant handling and disposal.
- Ensuring compliance with safety practices and procedures in the HVAC workspace.
- Communicating with customers to explain technical issues and provide advice for maintenance or potential upgrades.
- Responding to emergency service requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent; vocational or technical school is a plus.
- EPA Certification required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Commercial HVAC Service Technician.
- Solid understanding and experience with large RTUs, split systems, chillers, boilers, VRFS, and other mechanical equipment.
- Valid state driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Able to lift, carry and maneuver heavy equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills, professional presentation and appearance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the latest HVAC software and technologies.
- Experience with energy management systems.