Commercial Plumbing/HVAC Project Manager
Location: Orange County, CA
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in large commercial projects and hospital systems
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Commercial Plumbing/HVAC Project Manager to join our Orange County, CA team. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of large-scale commercial plumbing and HVAC projects, focusing on hospitals and healthcare facilities. This position will include responsibilities ranging from initial project estimation to full-scale management, utilizing scheduling software for efficient project execution.
- Oversee and manage all phases of large commercial plumbing and HVAC projects from conception to completion.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other construction and building specialists to transform project plans into actionable tasks.
- Develop and implement project timelines and milestones utilizing state-of-the-art scheduling software.
- Evaluate and procure sub-contractor bids and manage contractor agreements.
- Act as a liaison between the company and clients, including attending project meetings and providing progress updates.
- Review and interpret blueprints, plans, and other project documents.
- Estimate project costs and manage the budget throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and building codes.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement appropriate safety measures.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that project deliverables meet the agreed-upon standards and quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing large commercial plumbing and HVAC projects, with a focus on hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- Proficiency in project management and scheduling software like MS Project, Procore, or similar.
- Strong understanding of construction methods, HVAC systems, and plumbing installations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Professional certifications in Project Management (e.g., PMP) or HVAC (e.g., HVAC Excellence) are a plus.
- Familiarity with LEED and other green building practices.
- A strong network of local subcontractors and suppliers.