Job Title: Forensic Architect
Location: Honolulu, HI
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Forensic Architect for a full-time position in our Honolulu, HI office. As part of our team, you will provide architectural and building envelope consulting services to a variety of clients, with a strong focus on forensic investigations, litigation support, and remediation design. This position offers a unique opportunity for the candidate to blend the art of architecture with investigative capabilities.
- Conduct thorough forensic investigations of building failures, including water infiltration, structural failures, construction defects, etc.
- Prepare high-quality written reports detailing findings from the investigations.
- Provide expert witness testimony in litigations related to architectural issues.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, including engineers and contractors, for the remediation design process.
- Review construction documents and recommend design improvements as needed.
- Coordinate with clients, attorneys, and insurance companies, providing expert advice.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and regulatory standards.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the field of Architecture.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Must possess a valid Architectural license.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to conduct thorough research and investigations.
- Ability to provide stable work history.
- Proficient in using architectural software (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of building codes, standards, and regulations.
- Experience in providing expert testimony in litigations.
- Ability to travel for site visits, as required.
- Experience in forensic architecture, building envelope, or building science is strongly preferred.
- An advanced degree in a relevant field, such as Building Science, is a plus.