Job Description: Forensic Mechanical Engineer, PE
Location: Seattle, WA
Located in the heart of Seattle, WA, our firm is a leading name in forensic engineering. We are dedicated to unraveling the complexities behind mechanical failures and accidents. With a reputation for excellence, we offer a professional setting that fosters innovation, analytical prowess, and meticulous investigation.
- Conduct forensic investigations and analyses of various environments' mechanical failures, accidents, and malfunctions.
- Apply engineering principles to assess damage, determine the root cause, and suggest preventive and corrective measures.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including legal professionals, insurers, and other engineers, to provide comprehensive insights and expert opinions.
- Prepare detailed, concise technical reports summarizing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Serve as an expert witness in legal proceedings, presenting and defending findings in depositions, hearings, and trials.
- Remain updated on industry standards, best practices, and advancements in forensic mechanical engineering.
- Must be local to Seattle, WA.
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or higher.
- An active Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- A minimum of 7 years of dedicated experience in mechanical forensic engineering.
- Proven ability to apply engineering principles to real-world situations for problem-solving.
- An unwavering attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- A consistent and stable work history, highlighting dedication and reliability.
- Familiarity with state and local regulations, industry standards, and codes.