Job Title: Mechanical Preconstruction Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Mechanical Preconstruction Manager with a strong background in commercial plumbing to join our growing team in San Diego, CA. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in estimating and preconstruction on large-scale commercial projects, and a consistent local work history. This is a crucial role in our organization, as you will be in charge of overseeing preconstruction efforts and ensuring that projects are properly planned and are cost-effective. If you are dedicated, meticulous, and looking for a challenging role in commercial construction, we encourage you to apply.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the preconstruction process for mechanical systems, with a focus on commercial plumbing systems.
- Work closely with the project team to develop comprehensive cost estimates and project schedules.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and contractors to develop effective strategies and design concepts.
- Review design documents and project plans to ensure they are complete, accurate, and achievable.
- Perform risk management tasks to identify potential issues before construction begins and propose practical solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and subcontractors to ensure competitive pricing and reliable delivery schedules.
- Facilitate project hand-off to construction team ensuring a seamless transition from preconstruction to construction phases.
- Continually improve preconstruction processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial plumbing estimating and preconstruction on large-scale commercial projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems, particularly commercial plumbing systems.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard software for estimating and project management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with local building codes, industry standards, and regulations.
- A stable work history in the San Diego area.