Job Title: Piping Project Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Piping Project Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and leading all aspects of piping projects related to oil, fuel, and industrial projects. This includes initial planning, scheduling, monitoring, closing projects, and ensuring that the team's objectives are met within the prescribed time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Develop project plans including project scope, scheduling, risk management plans, quality plans, and resources required to complete the project.
- Oversee the design and installation of piping systems, ensuring that they meet project specifications, industry standards, and safety standards.
- Lead the project team in the coordination and execution of project activities to ensure project milestones are met on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, clients, vendors, and team members to ensure clear communication, resolve issues, and align project objectives.
- Manage relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Monitor and control project performance, scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, and resources.
- Prepare and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO, and key stakeholders.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the oil, fuel, and industrial sector, including trends, best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field. Advanced degree or PMP certification is a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in project management with a focus on piping projects in the oil, fuel, and industrial sector.
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team and manage complex and large-scale projects.
- In-depth knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Proficiency in using project management software.
- Knowledge of process piping design, ASME B31.3, API standards, and other relevant industry regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
The Piping Project Manager may be required to visit project sites and therefore must be able to travel and have a valid driver's license. This role may also require occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs. Safety gear is required on all site visits.