Senior HVAC Design Engineer - Orange County, CA
We are a leading engineering firm specializing in designing cutting-edge HVAC and mechanical systems. Located in Orange County, CA, we have been serving commercial, high-rise, educational, and healthcare sectors for over [number of years in business]. We seek a Senior HVAC Design Engineer to join our dynamic team and contribute to our vision of engineering excellence.
The Senior HVAC Design Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing HVAC solutions for our large-scale projects, which include hospitals, schools, and high-rise buildings. This position requires strong expertise in commercial HVAC systems, a high degree of technical skill, and the ability to lead design projects from concept to completion.
This is a local position based in our Orange County, CA office. No remote work is available for this role.
- Lead HVAC design projects from concept through completion
- Utilize Revit software for design and project management tasks
- Develop energy-efficient and cost-effective HVAC systems in line with industry standards and project requirements
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams of architects, contractors, and other engineers
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers
- Perform energy modeling and analysis using tools like TRACE or HAP
- Participate in client meetings and provide technical inputs
- Ensure all designs meet or exceed federal, state, and local regulations
- Assist in the development of project proposals, budgets, and timelines
- 7+ years of experience in commercial HVAC design and engineering
- Strong proficiency in Revit is mandatory
- BSME (Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering) is required
- EIT (Engineer-in-Training) or PE (Professional Engineer) certifications are highly preferred
- Hands-on experience with energy modeling tools like TRACE or HAP
- Previous experience working on large-scale projects such as hospitals, schools, or high-rise buildings is a must
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a local candidate residing in or willing to relocate to Orange County, CA